Hey there welcome to my blog, here, I’ll post stuff that I think is cool enough to share with you, about me and about other people, or things too!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Souls of a trip


Souls of a trip, this is THE biggest canvas I’ve ever painted on so far, at first it seemed humongous, now I’m ok with its size.
I did this painting after my trip to Europe, I went traveling for 4 months, this life experience really changed my life, I feel like a whole different person right now, in this trip I had the chance to see a lot of art, those big masterpieces you always see in pictures. And some other cool stuff not so big. After I came back it really felt like the right thing to do to paint this.
The art piece features symbols that I associate with certain events and feelings that come along with them , I’ll explain a couple of them for you to understand and the rest I’ll leave it to you to derive whatever feeling you perceive and make it yours if necessary.
The circle near the center or the canvas changes the horizontal and vertical pattern followed on the rest of the painting symbolizing how my brain was constantly processing tons info coming from cities, people, streets, etc., becoming a brain storm of ideas, knowledge, and more.
The thick golden paint strokes found all over the paining symbolize the people you meet on your way, people who temporarily stay with you, this souls you meet, they affect your life in a way, on the temporary relationship you get to share with them, you gather a lot of stuff from them, and even though you know you just met them, it feels like you’ve known each other since forever, because you are true, because you are being yourself, because you know they will leave your life soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment