Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Ok what is it?
Can it be how much I adore the human figure? Or is it an obsession for pictorially representing something as realistic as I can? I mean it’s not a job … so what is it about people?
This has been cross-indexing my mind leading me form one point to another, one subject to another. I think there is more to it, what is art? For ages we´ve seen art as it evolves at first this was it, representing the world, making it possible to do what photography in the future came to replace. I cannot even define art because to me it’s singularly personally perceived so differently by every hbeing, its extense, the more you think about it the more you derive from it … so I googled it to see if I can get a colder perspective, and came across this online dictionary with “11!” definitions
1. human ability to make things; creativity of man as distinguished from the world of nature
2. skill; craftsmanship
3. any specific skill or its application the art of making friends
4. any craft, trade, or profession, or its principles the cobbler's art, the physician's art
5. creative work or its principles; a making or doing of things that display form, beauty, and unusual perception: art includes painting, sculpture, architecture, music, literature, drama, the dance, etc.
6. any branch of creative work, esp. painting, drawing, or work in any other graphic or plastic medium
7. products of creative work; paintings, statues, etc.
8. pictorial and decorative material accompanying the text in a newspaper, magazine, or advertising layout
a. ARCHAIC learning
b. a branch of learning
c. the liberal arts (literature, music, philosophy, etc.) as distinguished from the sciences
10. artful behavior; cunning
11. sly or cunning trick; wile: usually used in pl.
you see its even hard for them, I’d say it’s not so much representing something, it’s more than a craft, more than a skill or product. What I understood is that what I like, and what I perceive as art here is the feeling I get when I make this portraits or when I take pictures of people, I feel like I want to transfer the feeling,I try to get every detail, it is their expression what gets me…. why?
Well there is something about human expressions that is true, we can identify with them, we can own them, it’s almost as if we could feel it, maybe we do, maybe we have, or maybe we would just like to. That is art; art is whenever someone creates something that causes a reaction on me and makes me feel.